A huge thank you to Emily @ Frappes and Fiction for the nomination! She has such fantastic posts I can’t wait to read, so do check her out.
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
1. What’s your favorite book and how did you find it?
Persuasion by Jane Austen, and I don’t really remember! When I was a junior and senior in high school, I was kind of on a classics kick. Barnes and Noble also had some incredibly adorable versions of the classics one year. They were pocket sized with super thin pages and black and white illustrations. I picked up my copy of Persuasion when they had those, along with a few others, and absolutely fell in love with the book. There’s even an illustration of the letter being handed off!
2. Do you ever regret starting a book blog?
Well, I accidentally went from an everything blog to a book blog, so not really. I’m just riding this ride, waiting to see if it’ll ever change into something else. Sometimes I do regret accepting so many book review requests, though…
3. If you had to choose a different bookish platform, apart from blogging, what would you choose?
Absolutely none. This blog is my home base. I abhor social media, so I’m unlikely to ever leave blogging. If I did choose something else, I would probably leave book everything altogether.
4. Library or bookstore?
Bookstore. It’s my mom’s fault. When I was growing up, she always said how much she wanted to create and have her own little library, so we almost always went to the bookstore. I must have internalized that idea because not having my own copies to love and keep forever makes me feel a little anxious.
5. Do you IRL friends/coworkers know about your blog?
Maybe? I haven’t actually told many people outside of my husband and mom, but some relatives and one of my friends also know. Outside of that, I like to keep this space close to my chest. I’m really awful at promoting my blog and posts.
6. What is your biggest goal?
Right now, to survive homeschooling one child and doing online schooling for the other child. We’re coming up on two years of schooling at home in March and I’m hoping my sanity holds out until they’re both vaccinated so I feel it’s a bit safer for them to go back into the classroom. Other than that, my only real goal for this blog is to provide the best space I can for indie authors to showcase their books and my only real goal for life is to learn everything I possibly can. I’m definitely one of those life-long learners.
7. Do you use bookmarks?
Nope. I lose them all the time, though there are so many that are so cute. But they’d be gone within the day.
8. What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up reading?
I’m not sure, but maybe 11pm? I like my sleep, otherwise I get headaches and dizziness the next day, so I have to have reasonable bedtimes.
9. If you had to recommend one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
The dictionary. I don’t know why, but people like to ask me what words mean. Is it because they know I love to read so of course I have to know what every word means? I have no idea. Most of the time I do know, but I usually can’t put it into words (I often think better in colors, images, and impressions), so I, very tiredly, tell them to go look it up.
10. Did you read blogs before starting your own?
No. As a matter of fact I didn’t even know what a blog was when I accidentally created The Lily Cafe in 2010.
11. What’s your least favorite part of reading?
Coming to the end of a book. I don’t want the adventure to end! But I also don’t want to have to figure out what to read next. The nice part of being the kind of book reviewer I am is that I schedule in all my reviews, so I always know what to read next. Otherwise I could spend a whole day deciding what to read next.
11 Random Things About Me
- I can write backwards with my left hand (no training; just me being weird).
- Halloween is my least favorite holiday, but candy corn is my favorite non-chocolate candy.
- I took German throughout high school because why not?
- When I was in college, I went to Scotland and hopped in a car with a stranger at night in almost the middle of nowhere and lived to tell the story!
- My favorite number is 7.
- I have a Master’s in Clinical Psychology.
- As my doctor told me, I’m allergic to California, which is also where I permanently live.
- I have 2 kids and both of them are late preterm babies (34 and 36 weeks).
- I look at least 10 years younger than I actually am, which is actually a huge pain to live with.
- I wrote my first play on a typewriter just because I could. Let’s not consider how much paper I wasted.
- When I was a kid, I borrowed a book about rainforests and hand copied the entire thing out in one day.
At this point, I’m supposed to nominate 11 bloggers, but I barely had enough time to do this award (reference Question 6), so I nominate everyone, and Emily’s questions were so much fun to answer that I’d love to read your answers to them.
Thank you so much, Emily!