It’s break time for The Lily Cafe! The Husband and I will be taking a 2 week break from blogging and reading blogs, but will be back July 16. Promise! We have a few goals to work on for this blog and, if you’re interested in keeping up with them, I’ll be sharing bits and pieces of what you can expect when we come back and the content we’re working on through social media (because, honestly figuring out my social media plan is one goal!).
So, we’ve decided to eventually switch to self-hosting one day and making something of this blog. Which means we have a few things to work on.
- Branding. Blerurgh. That’s how I feel about that. Niches drive me nuts, so I’ve also been avoiding branding. Again, blureurgh. But I must admit I’m looking forward to having set schemes and templates that will hopefully make things a little easier. Which just means we’ll be playing with colors and creating graphics for our existing content.
- Writing new content.
- Figuring out my social media plan.
- Making The Husband narrow down his focus. Fun, fun, fun. When I told him this, he gave me a stricken look.
So, follow The Lily Cafe on social media for updates, hints, and maybe a few questions for you! (Sorry, can’t figure out the links! I guess that goes on my list…)
Instagram: thelilycafe (especially if you’re interested in my cat)
Facebook: The Lily Cafe
Twitter: thelilycafe1 (literally nothing right now, but that will change. I hope.)
But we won’t leave you, especially new readers, empty handed!
- Not a Mom Blog
- The Lily Cafe is a…Lifestyle Blog?
- Surviving Toddlerhood Guest: Not Toddler Advice by Kristy of Coffee & PJs
- Breastfeeding, Perfected
- 31 Things I Love About Motherhood
- Surviving Toddlerhood, Part 1: Have Some Psychology
- To Bear: A Commentary on Mass Shootings in the United States
- On Blogging and Blogging Fatigue
- 31 Things About Me
- Smile: My Miscarriage Story
The Husband’s Favorite 5 Posts
- “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be free.”
- Insane Logic
- Let’s Talk About Cancer
- Darth Vader – THE Dark Lord of the Sith
- Alone in Suffocating Darkness
Kat’s Favorite 5 Posts
- Sleep Training is an Option, Not a Requirement
- I Miss Bookstores
- A Practical Mom
- Meal Planning for Those Who Hate It
- How I Teach My Toddler, or Why I Hate ABC Mouse
Surviving Toddlerhood Series
- Part 1: Have Some Psychology
- Part 2: What Being a Behavior Interventionist Taught Me
- Part 3: The Explorer
- Part 4: The Envelope Pusher
- Part 5: Tantrums
- Part 6: Control and Choices, Choices and Control
- Part 7: Conclusion
- Guest: Kristy of Coffee and PJs with Not Toddler Advice
- Guest: Delightful Motherhood and Why Toddlers Need Attention
- Guest: Just Breathe Mama with Tips for Disciplining a Toddler
- Guest: The Uncensored Mother and the Threenager
- Guest: Confessions of a Parentless Mother and the Emotional Roller Coaster of a Threenager
- See above for the Surviving Toddlerhood Guests
- Excuses, Who Wore It Best by Justokmom
- Let No Man Define You from Darkwood
- Pregnant and Parenting Part 2: Weaning, Whining, and Walking (Well, Kind of) by Shannon Doss of My Mommyhood
- Two Easy Ways to Dress Stylish as a Mom by Becca from The Mini Apartment
- Author Interview: Jennifer M. Zeiger
- Dream Job by Lindsey from The Mommiest Introvert
- Redefining Perfection
- Celebrating Mothers: Motherhood by Unconventional Mami
- Momma for the Win by ParentalGRIT
- Celebrating Mothers: Reflection on Being a Mom by New Mama’s Reflections
- Celebrating Mothers: Mother’s Guilt by theworldtravelingmom
- Child Sexual Abuse – How to Protect Your Kids
- Burkina Boy by Rob Stolzy of Skirmishes with Reality
- Fatherhood Guest: Yesmoreblogs on Becoming a Father
Blogging Mom Series
- How to be a Blogging Mom Who Keeps on Blogging
- How to be a Blogging Mom Who Finds Inspiration
- How to be a Blogging Mom Who Doesn’t Over Share
Wow, we’ve been busy over the past 6 months! Be sure to check back on Monday July 16 for a new motherhood post. I promise it will be there! Actually, that one is already written, so we’ll definitely be back.
Happy July and, if you’re in the United States, have a happy and safe Fourth of July!