I enjoy having steak! So I thought this week I’d share a nice recipe with you! There is a small story that goes along with this recipe.
Many years ago, I was running at night. While completing my run, with two friends, I noticed Gordon Ramsay was also running that evening. At first I was not sure, so I walked over to introduce myself, and to see if it was him. It was! I shook his hand and said it was a pleasure and sheer luck to meet him. And then I was on my merry way home. This is a true story. My friends were in disbelief, but I was happy to have taken the risk to see if my eyes were correct. Shortly after this experience, I began to learn and experiment how to make steak from Gordon Ramsey’s recipes – specifically how to make steak! It is one of my favorite things to eat – especially if it’s Gordon Ramsay’s filet minon.
OK. Take out your steak and let it sit at RT for 20-30min.
Season your steak with salt and pepper to taste.
Then place your pan onto the stove and add 1tbsp of olive oil and let it get hot! When you see a bit of smoke rise from your pan put in your steak for about 2minutes on each side.
Turn the steaks on the side and cook the sides for about 1min.
Put in your butter and lemon juice (from one lemon) and baste the steaks with a spoon.
Place your steaks into a pan and complete the cooking process in the oven at 400F for 7-8min.
Take out the oven and allow to rest for 3-5min.
Thank you! Until next time. Same bat time. Same bat channel. Live long and prosper! Happy 4th July and happy eating!
My version of Gordon Ramsay’s steak (with white rice)
- New York Strip (or what ever cut you like)
- one lemon (use all the jice from one lemon)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salted butter
- McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Take your your steak and allow to be at room temperature for about 30min. Turn oven on to 400Fat 10 minuntes remaining.
- Season your steak with salt, pepper to taste (may then sprinkle a little McCormick Montreal at this time. (Don’t make it too salty!)
- Place 1tbsp of olive oil into pan and allow to heat until you see some smoke from the pan. (**Olive oil has a higher temperature for heating and won’t burn don’t use regular oil!!)
- Aftet you see the smoke, place your steak into the pan for about 2min.
- Turn over and sear for 2minutes.
- Add your two small square of butter and lemon juice. Then baste the combination over the steak with a spoon.
- Take out your steak and complete the cooking in the oven for 8min.
- Remove the steak from the oven and allow to rest for 3-5min.
Can serve with:
- mashed potatos