Thank you so much to theworldtravelingmom for this nomination! Please do check out this lovely lady and give her a follow!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions theworldtravelingmom asked me about blogging.
- 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers.
- Ask nominated bloggers 11 questions.
The 11 Questions
How long have you been blogging?
Technically off and on since 2010. The first time was just a few weeks, the second time was about a year and a half, and this third time has been about 5.5 months with no plans of stopping this time.
What made you want to start blogging?
In 2007, I participated in NaNoWriMo and write a complete story, but my computer crashed and I couldn’t get it fixed, so lost that story. A few years later, I went looking for an online way of storing my writings and discovered blogging. Having no idea what it was, I posted a few story excerpts, freaked out when people started looking at it, and completely abandoned the blog until 2013, when I decided to try again and started posting my writings. In 2017, I decided to start blogging again after an almost 4 year break to give me something to do since I love writing.
Who is your blogging inspiration?
I don’t think I have a true blogging inspiration. I admire all the successful bloggers out there and what they have been able to do and get ideas from reading many other blogs, new and seasoned.
What’s the biggest con, frustrations, etc to blogging?
Being followed by over 600 bloggers, but not having the traffic to match. I always wonder why they follow in the first place. Which is why I wrote a post about numbers being meaningless.
Where’s your perfect place to blog at?
I only blog while sitting on the couch, so, I guess, the couch?
Do you want a career in blogging? And if so, what kind?
Gosh, I don’t know! It’s like a ping pong match in my head. I’d love to be able to make writing and blogging my career, but I can’t help but wonder why on Earth would someone be interested in reading my blog?
Have you ever been nervous to post a blog and if so, why?
No because I carefully consider everything I want to write and share before sitting down to write. That way I only write what I intend on sharing.
Do you have any fears about your blogs?
How does it make you feel to get positive feed back from other readers?
It makes me smile. I love knowing that what I’ve written has helped or touched someone. It helps assure me I’m doing something right and, while I wouldn’t stop blogging just because I stop receiving positive feedback, it is encouraging. And I’m very thankful for all the people who choose to engage with me.
Do you encourage your family to read your blog? If not, why?
Well, I don’t make it a secret, but I leave it up to them if they want to read. Though I’m also glad I don’t encourage them too much because I don’t want to hear about what they think at a family gathering!
Do you participate in any Blogger meets up or hang out with other bloggers outside of the internet?
I’m insanely private, so I don’t. It sounds interesting and maybe one day I’ll be open to it, but, for now, I enjoy my relative anonymity.
The 11 Random Facts
- I have 2 kids and have never been pregnant in August.
- I used to sleep with hardback books under my pillow. Surprisingly, I slept.
- I can play 3 instruments.
- My first playmate was a dog, but I’m a cat person.
- I love the smell of star jasmine.
- I don’t drink soda.
- I’ve watched PBS for so long with my kids that I think I’m addicted to it.
- My cat is named after a TV show.
- I love lighthouses.
- I had a shell collection in my desk drawer when I was a kid.
- I once copied, by hand, a book from the library. It took me all day and I have no idea why I did it or what happened to it.
- Neighboring Nikita
- Merry Motherhood
- The Association of Merry Makers (it’ll be fun if all 3 of you could do this, though I don’t want to take away your writing time!)
- Roderick T. MacDonald
- Fairy Lights and Fear
- Kai from Darkwood
- My Mommyhood
- Motherhood Milestones
11 Questions for my Nominees
- What book has had the biggest impact on you?
- What animal would you want to be for a day and why?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- Have you ever had a kitchen disaster? If so, what was it?
- If you could go anywhere in the universe, on Earth or otherwise, where would you go?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Dog or cat? Fish?
- Would you rather live on a mountain or in the desert?
- What is your favorite kind of dessert?
- What is your favorite kind of post to write?
- What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Thank you so much for the nomination, and I hope my nominees have fun with this!